As a part of short-term development strategy, existing port facilities are offered to private companies to be developed through private investment. Following are the general guidelines of privatization:
- Incomplete works of wharf/jetty/quay of GMB
- Privatization of construction of new wharves/jetties in selected sites.
- Installing modern mechanized handling system to handle cargo by private investment in order to increase efficiency.
The private jetties are granted permission for a lease period varying from 5 to 25 years depending on investment.
|Project Structure ||BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer) |
|Port Charges ||Concession |
|Operational freedom ||Full |
|Concession Period ||5-25 years |
Presently there are 11 operational private jetties:
|No.||Name of the developer||Location|
||J.M.Baxi & Co.||Rozi pier, Bedi|
||Shakti Clearing Agency Pvt. Ltd.||New Port, Rozi|
|3 ||Ruchi Infrastructure Ltd. ||Rozi pier, Bedi|
||Shantilal Multiport Infrastructure Ltd.||Rozi pier, Bedi|
|5 ||Continental Warehousing Co. Ltd. ||Rozi pier, Bedi|
||Saurashtra Cement Ltd.||Porbandar|
||Jakhau Salt Co. Pvt. Ltd.||Jakhau|
||Jaydeep Associates Ltd.||Navlakhi|
|9 ||United Shippers Ltd. ||Navlakhi|
|10 ||Shreeji Shipping Services Pvt. Ltd. ||Navlakhi|
|11 ||KRIBHCO ||Hazira|
Future Plan – Private Jetties:
- DMCC Oil Terminal Ltd. has planned to develop multipurpose terminal at Navlakhi.
- 300 m waterfront at Rozi pier, Bedi is also being developed through private investment.
- Development of private jetties is proposed at Magdalla, Old Port Bhavnagar and Victor.