It is being planned to implement Integrated Port Management System (IPMS), an ambitious project of GMB and GoG at Gandhinagar and across all the port locations of GMB and especially at the 11 port districts (group of ports) after detailed study and analysis.
Keeping this in mind, the it was designed a state-of-the-art; highly secure GMB WAN (Wide Area Network). During the study various parameters like security & surveillance, future scalability, existing requirement, performance, network congestion, network availability portability, IPMS and VoIP & Radio connectivity were considered.
The GMB WAN will consist of several active network equipment such as routers, core switches, firewalls, IPS, access switches and so on at Gandhinagar HO and the port district offices. The network will be managed with the help of a modern network management system which will be loaded on the central server.Key Objectives of INPI
- Provide passive, structured networking at major GMB offices across Gujarat
- Enable connection of various port offices to the GMB HO at Gandhinagar through GSWAN and / or VPN MPLS
- Provide network security
- Provide application access to internal users from SDC
- Connect GMB HO to the State Data Center at Gandhinagar by OFC
- Build a futuristic network to accommodate future requirements of GMB like VoIP, CCTV video feeds, etc.